Do you love science? Want to know more about outer space? Like to build things that can fly? Then this camp may be for you.
4-H Space Adventure Camp is for boys and girls ages 11 to 13 and/or students who were 5th to 7th graders during this school year. You will have the opportunity to explore the world of flight and science as you build and test flying machines, conduct computer flight simulations, learn about the principles of aerodynamics and gain an overview of the development of the space flight program.
The three action-packed days will take you through an exciting adventure in 'hands-on' learning including:
- building and flying hot air balloons, model rockets and other 'things that fly'
- touring the universe within a planetarium
- exploring the stars and planets
- learning about an astronaut's life on a mission
- computer flight simulation and space exploration
- launching your model rocket
- participating in a special graduation ceremony